Establishing paternity is needed for custody, child support, and access to a father’s medical history.


When the mother is unmarried at the time of the child's birth, paternity must be established, either voluntarily or through a court order. If paternity is disputed, you should consult with an experienced family lawyer.

If you are the father:


If you want custody of your child in Florida, but you never married the mother, you may need help establishing paternity. We can help you with this process.  If either you or the mother lives in Port St. Lucie, or anywhere on the Treasure Coast, contact our law firm to schedule a consultation.

If you are the mother:


If you never married the father but you: 1) want child support payments; 2) want your child to have access to the father's governmental benefits (veteran or disability); 3) want to get access to the father’s medical history to know whether the child has a high risk of certain diseases or conditions; contact our law office so we can assist you in establishing paternity.